The Vision Grills Cooking Stone and Heat Deflector have been designed for use (1) directly on the primary grate for stone cooking or (2) installation of the bracket (included) for indirect grilling.
The Large Lava Stone is 14″ in diameter
The Medium Lava Stone is 12″ in diameter
The Small Lava Stone is 9″ in diameter
- Step 1: Light grill according to instructions in manual.
- Step 2: Place Cooking Stone on primary or secondary grate, then bring grill to desired cooking temperature.
- Step 3: Place food directly on Cooking Stone at desired temperature.
- Step 1: Remove primary cooking grate.
- Step 2: Unfold and install bracket onto interior fire bowl.
- Step 3: Light grill according to instructions.
- Step 4: Lower Cooking Stone onto bracket.
- Step 5: Replace primary cooking grate.
- Step 6: Place food on cooking grate at desired temperature.
To clean your Lava Stone, just turn it over and allow the fire to burn it off.
ALWAYS USE HEAT RESISTANT MATERIALS/GLOVES WHEN HANDLING COOKING STONE DURING AND AFTER USE. PLACE STONE ON GRILL PRIOR TO REACHING FULL TEMPERATURE TO MINIMIZE RISK OF DAMAGE FROM EXTREME HEAT.
Exposing the stone to quick temperature shifts may lead to the stone cracking. Please allow the stone to heat up and cool down with the grill.