- 3-5 chicken pieces or whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry with paper towels
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh ground sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of Sriracha™ hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare Kamado for smoking (set to 200° – 250° F) – allow 20-30 minutes.
- In small bowl combine sugar, salt, and pepper. Coat the chicken evenly with the mixture, place in large zip lock bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours as long as 6 hours.
- Add 3-5 mesquite or hickory wood chunks or 2-3 handfuls of chips over the charcoal for smoking, set lava stone on heat hanger bracket, and close lid until ready to add meat.
- Place chicken skin side down on top grill surface or if using a whole chicken, place belly down or use the Vision Grills roaster.
- Slow cook 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours until thermometer inserted in thickest parts reads 160-165 ° for a breast and 170-175° for a thigh/leg. Breast will be finished grilling before thighs and legs.
- Remove from grill, cover with foil, and allow to sit 5-10 minutes before serving.