The Vision Grills Cooking Stone and Heat Deflector have been designed for use (1) directly on the primary grate for stone cooking or (2) installation of the bracket (included) for indirect grilling.
Cadet (Small) Lava Stone – 9″ Stone for use in the Cadet Grill, Icon Cadet Plus, Electric Icon Cadet Plus Kamado Grill, Cadet Plus Ceramic Kamado Grill with QuickCart, Icon Cadet Plus Kamado Grill, Kamado Cadet Combo with Electric Conversion Kit, Icon 101 and Vision Icon 100 Series
Large Lava Stone – 14″ Stone for use in Professional Series, Professional C Series, Professional S Series, Pro Series, Elite 402, Icon C51, Icon 400-600 Series and the Classic B Series, Classic B Series with Ash Drawer, HD1 Series Grill and the Classic Series Grills.
Large Plus Lava Stone – 15.25″ Stone for use in the Pro Mega, Elite 702, Icon 700 and 800 Series Grills
XL Lava Stone – 16.25″ Stone for use in the Icon 900 Series Grill
- Step 1: Light grill according to instructions in manual.
- Step 2: Place Cooking Stone on primary or secondary grate, then bring grill to desired cooking temperature.
- Step 3: Place food directly on Cooking Stone at desired temperature.
- Step 1: Remove primary cooking grate.
- Step 2: Unfold and install bracket onto interior fire bowl.
- Step 3: Light grill according to instructions.
- Step 4: Lower Cooking Stone onto bracket.
- Step 5: Replace primary cooking grate.
- Step 6: Place food on cooking grate at desired temperature.
To clean your Lava Stone, just turn it over and allow the fire to burn it off.
ALWAYS USE HEAT RESISTANT MATERIALS/GLOVES WHEN HANDLING COOKING STONE DURING AND AFTER USE. PLACE STONE ON GRILL PRIOR TO REACHING FULL TEMPERATURE TO MINIMIZE RISK OF DAMAGE FROM EXTREME HEAT.
Exposing the stone to quick temperature shifts may lead to the stone cracking. Please allow the stone to heat up and cool down with the grill.